The name of the organisation shall be the Kenley Airfield Friends' Group (KAFG).
- To work as a single body, representative of the population local to Kenley Airfield (predominantly in postcode areas CR3, CR5, CR6 & CR8) and of those having historic and/or
sentimental ties to the airfield and its surroundings, to their benefit and best advantage.
- To act as the public interface with those authorities that have governanace over the airfield and its surroundings. These are in particular
but not exclusively:
- The Ministry of Defence
- The City of London Corporation
- The London Borough of Croydon
- Tandridge District Council
- To protect preserve and stimulate public interest in Kenley Airfield and the publicly accessible areas around it.
- To advance the education and interest of the public in the history of Kenley Airfield and in particular:
- The establishment and support of a living museum and interpretative centre.
- The preservation of relevant historical details, records and artefacts.
- The maintenance of memorials and monuments within and surrounding the site.
- To secure the preservation, conservation, development and improvement of features of general public amenity or historic or public interest
in the area.
- To further such other related and charitable objects as the Officers and Committee determine from time to time.
KAFG shall through its Officers and Committee
- Negotiate with the relevant authorities on matters concerning the membership and to disseminate to its members information forthcoming from such negotiations.
- Raise funds and spend funds in order to further KAFG's objectives.
- Buy, lease, exchange, hire or otherwise acquire property and to maintain and equip it for use.
- Sell, lease, or otherwise dispose of, all or part of any property acquired.
- Membership shall be by annual subscription.
- The ‘Membership Year’ shall run from 1st July to 30th June. Membership shall be deemed to have expired if a member has not renewed by 31st October i.e. 3 months
after the end of a Membership Year.
- Subscription styles, values and methods of payment will be approved by the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- The Committee shall have the power to terminate the membership of any member of the Group, subject to the members' right to appeal at a special or other General Meeting.
- The Officers of the Group, known as the Executive Comittee, shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
- The affairs of the Group shall be entrusted to an elected Committee, known as the Wider Committee, comprising the Officers and up to eight members.
- In addition, an Independent Examiner will be appointed who will be independent of the Group.
- The Executive Committee and Independent Examiner shall retire annually at the Annual General Meeting. The decision of the Committee on all matters, except the termination of membership
under rule 4d, shall be final.
- Nominations for Officers, Committee members, and Independent Examiner together with the written consent of the nominee must be received by the Secretary at least 3 days prior to the
AGM. Nominations received shall be voted by show of hands at the AGM. Records of voting shall be incorporated within the meeting's minutes.
- At Committee meetings, five, of whom at least two shall be Officers, shall form a quorum.
- The Committee shall have the power to establish sub-committees and may for this purpose co-opt additional Sub-Committee members.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt further members during the interim either to fill vacancies, to utilise specialist knowledge or standing in Local Government.
- The committee shall be empowered to invite significant persons to fulfil Patronal or Presidential roles.
- No Officer or Committee member may:
- receive any benefit in money or kind from KAFG; or
- have a financial interest in the supply of goods or services to KAFG; or
- acquire or hold any interest in the property of KAFG except to hold it in trust for the benefit of KAFG.
- Committee meetings shall be held at least quarterly.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held usually in June. The AGM will hear reports from and have the opportunity to question the Chairman, Treasurer, Independent Examiner, Membership
Secretary and where necessary the Secretary.
- The Committee may call an Extraordinary General Meeting should they deem it necessary.
- On a requisition, in writing, signed by not less than 20 members of the Group, the Committee shall summon a Special General Meeting, unless the meeting shall be within 21 days of a
General Meeting. The purpose for which the meeting is to be called must be clearly stated in the requisition and on the notice summoning such a meeting, and no business other than
that for which the meeting is called shall be discussed.
- At least 7 days notice of a General Meeting shall be given to members.
- 25 members of the Group shall constitute a quorum at any General Meeting.
- The Secretary shall ensure that decisions and actions agreed at meetings are accurately recorded and minutes circulated.
- The Accounting and Reporting Year shall run from 1st April to 31st March.
- The Chairman shall produce and present an Annual Report to the AGM.
- The Treasurer, on behalf of KAFG, shall
- keep accounting records
- prepare an annual statement of account
- make the accounts available as required to the appointed Independent Examiner
- submit the examined accounts for consideration of the AGM.
- Monies will be deposited in current and deposit accounts at a bank of standing in the account name "Kenley Airfield Friends' Group" (KAFG)
- Each of the Officers shall be a bank signatory of the account; any two signatories will be necessary to authorise a cheque.
- In respect of Internet banking the power to conduct transactions shall be vested in the Treasurer; however transactions must be supported by a meeting minute or other
- Officers of the Committee shall be empowered to spend up to £500.00 (exclusive of VAT) for goods and services on an ad hoc basis. Invoices in relation to these transactions shall be
forwarded to the Treasurer without delay and the transactions shall be reported at the next meeting of the Committee.
- These rules shall not be altered, nor the group dissolved, except on a motion approved by at least two thirds of the members present and voting at either an Annual General
Meeting or a General meeting specially convened for the purpose under rule 6c or 6d. The notice of the General meeting must include notice of the resolution setting out the terms
of the amendment proposed.
- A hard copy of the minute accepting such amendments is to be retained with this Constitution.
- If the Officers and committee decide that it is necessary or advisable to dissolve the Group they shall realise any assets held by or on behalf of the Group. Any assets remaining
after the satisfaction of proper debts and liabilities shall be given or transferred by them to such charitable institution or institutions having objects similar to the objects of
the Group. Such decision shall be ratified by a motion approved by at least two thirds of the members present and voting at either an AGM or a General meeting specially convened for
the purpose. Notice in writing of such motion must be given to the members at least 21 days prior to the meeting at which such decision shall be considered.